MGMT - Time to Pretend



I'm so flipping frustrated that all of MGMT's music videos on Youtube have disabled embedding :( so here is a mild, un-trippy slideshow. The real version, like most MGMT vids, makes me feel like I'm doing some mad hallucinating; I bet this stuff could undo all the anti-drug work DARE and Truth have done for a person in a second. Its unconventionality (read: rampant freakiness) and high Message Sensation Value (seizure-inducing rainbow show) appeal so much to high sensation-seekers, aka the people who are most susceptible to regular substance abuse, that I'm sure it'd wipe out any trace of the anti-drug education they received in sixth grade (i.e. the DARE song: D, I won't do drugs! A, won't have an attitude! R, I... ooh, rainbows.)

Am writing a painfully low-sensation paper for my Comm&Persuasion class on anti-drug campaigns targeted toward adolescents, thus I must seek out electronic mental stimulation lest I fall asleep. Three pages to go...

0 comments: