Praan - Gary Schyman (Where the Hell is Matt?)



I never thought I could be so moved by a guy doing a stupid jig... haha... this is damn amazing. Matt is this self-proclaimed "deadbeat" from Connecticut, yet he managed to travel to 42 countries in 14 months and get thousands of people, despite cultural and linguistic barriers, to do this simple thing we all understand--dance. Retardedly. Let go. And just smile. =)

Make sure to go to the actual YouTube page and click "watch in HD" below-left the video. It's so hi-res my inner geek is swooning.

The song is "Praan," by Gary Schyman. According to Matt its lyrics come from a Bengali poem written by Nobel Prize winning author Rabindranath Tagore.

The same stream of life
Runs through my veins night and day
Runs through the world
And dances in rhythmic measures.

I want to be him when I grow up! :[

3 comments:

Jonathan | 2/10/09, 9:03 PM

dude, youtube paid for him too to do that right? dude, i would so do that if someone paid all my expenses too... :) but yeah, lucky guy, it's really cool.

Jonathan | 2/10/09, 9:09 PM

oh wait, someone else paid, whoops :)

Michelle | 2/11/09, 3:43 AM

apparently it was stride gum lol... way random. i would take any trip if it were funded for me. if only!