Umbrellas - Ships



  1. Umbrellas - Ships 204
  2. Stars - One More Night (Your Ex-Lover Remains Dead) 168
  3. Goo Goo Dolls - Here Is Gone 162
  4. Anya Marina - Move You (Slow & Steady Seduction Phase II) 159
  5. Umbrellas - The City Lights 152
  6. Stars - Your Ex-Lover Is Dead 139
  7. Death Cab For Cutie - Photobooth 138
  8. KT Tunstall - Other Side Of The World 137
  9. Athlete - Tourist 132
  10. Eagle-Eye Cherry - Save Tonight 132
  11. Rilo Kiley - Dreamworld 132
  12. KT Tunstall - Universe & U 128
  13. Rilo Kiley - Portions For Foxes 127
  14. Death Cab For Cutie - Summer Skin 126
  15. Goo Goo Dolls - Slide 125
I've lost my blogging mojo for the moment--I think that until I figure out how to act with a little more care and consideration, this will become a boring music blog. Hopefully 2009 will be filled with fewer words and overcomplications, more singing.

These are the top 15 songs (and play counts) on my iTunes playlist. Observations: The only new entries since 2007 are #4/11/13. Ben Folds is strangely not on this list. This is heavily Grey's-influenced. #1 has unwaveringly retained its place at the top ever since I discovered it freshman year even though I could swear I never listen to it any more. Yay Umbrellas! Companion on late nights with bright screens--you're so lovably emo.

Just like ships, we float through each other's lives
Through the waters of beauty and grace
We will one day dock at the same port
And give rest to our weary legs
There is a light placed up in the sky
Like the stained glass, time slows down
I wish I could sleep, I wish I could dream
I love the sound of my feet against these empty streets
I saw the whole town burn down

I'm walking away
Nothing stays, these feelings have wings
Our arms outstretched, we are soaring

0 comments: