Olivia Newton-John - Physical


In choosing this song my first instinct is to apologize for having retarded taste, but this really was a popular song once upon a time. In 1981, it was #1 on the Billboard Hot 100 charts for ten straight weeks. Back then people everywhere were humming its catchy tune and I've recently begun to as well, but my obsession is partly for the song's quality and partly for its kitschy appeal. I love it for the ridiculous video and the Sandy-turned-bad and the horrible 80's fashion, but I don't think I'm in the majority because I'm also the type of person who secretly loves shitty Chinese food, Hannah Montana, and fugly clothes -- all with the belief/knowledge that I shouldn't. So should I apologize? Maybe. But then the entire decade of 1980 should apologize, too.

0 comments: